Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with depositing and/or sharing given web content on a web server handled by a website hosting company. There are different types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a peek at these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to launch a blog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by given firms, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally mistaken interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would share the tasks at hand between different hosts of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share an immense number of images with friends or partners since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your email address accounts. Some distributors provide web space hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to administer as many video files as you want without hassling about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Joomla CMS Hosting, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for particular web content exclusively.